Tuesday, October 12, 2010

no end in sight...

Some day I'll fix my computer, but probably not anytime soon. I finished Norton as well as Hillary's Schoolhouse in the Clouds and I've started in on Stacy Allison's Beyond the Limits. I can't say that I'm any more interested in the early British expeditions than I was before I read Norton. I guess it will take a few more tries. Hillary's book is a great read to see what good can come of climbing Everest. He could have used Everest to line his pockets, but instead he works hard to help the Sherpas who helped him to the top. He precedes Greg Mortensen by 40 years in his quest to bring education to Central Asia. Allison's book has so far been interesting. Her co-author is a man, however, and he doesn't consistently get a feminine tone across. It weirds me out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment